Sunday, January 4, 2015

062 - Garlic Bok Choy (VEGETARIAN Friendly!)

Good morning people!

First of all, happy 2015! May this New Year bring health and prosper to us all. Oh, and for me to come up with more easy and friendly recipes! ;)

Again, so, so, so sorry for the lack of update. I was on the Asia’s World City. That’s Hong Kong to you. The trip was wonderful! Never have I met so many new cultures in my life (well, after Japan, of course). I managed to see some of the wonderful sights from Hong Kong. But for me, the highlight of the trip was none other than HONG KONG DISNEYLAND! \(^o^)/

Have you ever been on one of those moments where you just can’t help but smiling all the time? That’s exactly what I felt throughout the whole ordeal inside Disneyland. Heck, I can barely contain my excitement as soon as I board the train towards the resort! Dude, the handle inside the train was in the shape of Mickey Mouse. Who am I to kid right?

I literally jumped when i saw the train towards the resort.
The Handles! THE HANDLES!

WOW.

Wise words, sir.

Can't believe i made it!

My favorite part of the whole theme!


The lunch i had after getting on those rides. The pasta was so good (or i'm just very hungry). It was Al dente, the sauce was creamy but not overwhelming. The Mickey shaped container is filled with Coffee Pudding. It was awesome!

HI DONALD!

*dies*

*DIES AGAIN*

And now I’m ready to serve you some nice new recipe to whip up at home!

You’ve all eaten Chinese food before right? Any of you loved the vegetables? Cause I do. I love the Chinese way of cooking vegetables! They had this knack to cook it super-fast in order to retain as much flavor and texture as possible. Tasty and crunchy vegetables? I’m sold, tell you that.

Chinese had a lot of vegetables. They cook (I think almost literally) every greens they could find. Bok Choy is one of those greens. This is GARLIC BOK CHOY.

You ready for this?

==================================================================

For 2 servings, you will need



10-12 bunch of Baby Bok Choy
3 Garlic cloves, minced finely
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1 tsp of Sugar
2 tbsp of Sesame Seed oil
½ tsp of Garlic Powder
1 tbsp of Water
2 Tbsp of Oil

===================================================================

Ready? Here We Go!

Step 1 – Wash your Bok Choy thoroughly, removing any dirt remains (or even Caterpillar, EWW), pat dry. Cut the bottom part, then proceed to cut between the stalk (white parts) and the leafs. Set aside.


Roots go bye bye




Step 2 – Heat a pan on high heat, add the oil. Once smoking hot, cook the stalk part first! We don’t want soggy green parts right? This should take around 2 minutes. Halfway through the cooking process, cover so that it’ll soften faster by steaming it.





Step 3 – Add the leaf and the garlic, also all the seasonings (salt, sugar, pepper), stir to combine. After about 1,5 minute, turn the heat down to medium and add the sesame seed oil and the splash of water.

Don't worry if they're overwhelming, they'll shrink


Garlic

Salt

Pepper

Sugar

Garlic Powder

Stir

Sesame Seed Oil

Water

Step 4 – Serve.



Now, the taste of the overall dish totally depends on your seasoning. If you go light, it’ll taste much leafier, less salty. If you choose to make it tastier, add a splash of soy sauce and onion powder, it’ll kick your taste bud up a notch!

Serve this with a hot piping Rice and a protein of your choice, and you just got yourself lunch of a champion.

Cheers

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment